You can reach the Voluntary Rescue Service by contacting the Finnish Red Cross or directly contacting the member organisation you are interested in.
The Finnish Lifeboat Institution is responsible for the voluntary maritime rescue operations and the Finnish Air Rescue Society is responsible for the voluntary air rescue operations.
The Red Cross is responsible for coordinating Vapepa nationally.
The employee e-mail addresses follow the form email@example.com.
Preparedness coordinator Arsi Veikkolainen
tel. +358 40 120 9022
- Coordinating the Voluntary Rescue Service
- Collaboration with interest groups
Communications officer Tiina Leinonen
tel. +358 40 581 0346
- Vapepa communications and media relations
- The Vapepa website and social media channels
- Vapepa communications materials
- Communications training
- Supporting the communications of the member organisations and volunteers
- Vapepa-info magazine
Preparedness training planner J-P Kaasinen
tel. +358 40 615 9050
- Planning the Vapepa basic course and the search and rescue and communications trainings
- Vapepa trainer and leader training
- Matters related to the Virve communications network
- Matters related to OHTO
Preparedness planner Mikael Lehtinen
tel. +358 40 834 0916
- Developing primary care operations and planning trainings
You can also contact the Vapepa central commission and the chairperson Kari Välimäki via the central office of the Finnish Red Cross. The postal address of the central office is Finnish Red Cross, PL 168, 00141 Helsinki.
The preparedness leaders of the Finnish Red Cross districts are responsible for the regional co-operation of the Vapepa organisations and for supporting the volunteers in emergency teams around Finland. The e-mail addresses of the preparedness leaders follow the form firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helsinki and Uusimaa
tel. +358 40 557 0111
p. +35840 5895 780
tel. +358400 965 407
Annikki von Pandy
tel. +358400 391868
tel. +35840 528 0902
tel. +35840 522 4696
tel. +358400 322 191
tel. +358400 648268
tel. +358400 127 152
tel. +358400 838 675
tel. +35840 675 8455
tel. +358400 263448